- Remove the points and the condenser and its wire from vehicle.
- Place the Hot-Spark kit in the distributor and place the magnetring on the rotor shaft.
- Make sure that the ignition wires have enough slack inside the distributor and are not rubbing on moving parts.
- Connect the Hot-Spark module’s red wire to positive ( + or 15 on Bosch coils).
- Connect the Hot-Spark module’s black wire to negative ( - or 1 on Bosch coils).
- Start the engine (one might need to rotate the distributor somewhat before starting).
- Set the ignition timing using a stroboscopic timing light.
The Hot-Spark modules are designed for standard 12V negative ground applications only.
Reversing the red and black ignition wires will destroy the ignition module and void the warranty.
For specific and detailed installation instructions, please see the following documents:
- Installing Hot-Spark kit in Bosch distributors
- Installing Hot-Spark kit in GM/Delco distributors
- Installing Hot-Spark kit in Ford/Mercury distributors
- Installing SVDA 009 distributor
- Installing SVDA 034 distributor
- Timing diagram for SVDA 009 distributor
- Timing diagram for SVDA 034 distributor
- Klick here to go to the WEBSHOP for ordering -
- Klick here to return to main page -
- E-mail: email@example.com -
Hot-Spark Ignition Products warrants its electronic ignition conversion kits to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and if properly installed for a period of three years from date of purchase. If found to be defective as mentioned above, it will be replaced or repaired if returned prepaid along with proof of date of purchase. Warranty shall be null and void if it is determined that said electronic ignition conversion kit has been connected improperly, if it is used with an ignition coil which has insufficient resistance in its primary circuit, if the electronic ignition kit has been subjected to more than 14.2 volts or 4.0 amps of electrical current or if the polarity of the electrical wiring of the ignition kit has been reversed.
Hot-Spark Ignition Products warrants its ignition distributors to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and if properly installed for a period of ninety (90) days from date of purchase. If found to be defective as mentioned above, distributor will be replaced or repaired if returned prepaid along with proof of date of purchase.
This shall constitute the sole remedy of the purchaser and the sole liability of Hot-Spark Ignition Products. To the extent permitted by law, the foregoing is exclusive and in lieu of all other warranties or representations whether expressed or implied, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness. In no event shall Hot-Spark Ignition Products be liable for special or consequential damages.